It’s been a while but I’m back on the blogging scene! To start fresh I decided to add a new category to the blog called FAQS since I’ve been receiving some questions through email recently. One common question I get is what do I need to look for in a florist. Here are the main questions you need to ask before you sign a contract:
- How many other events will the florist be handling on the day of the wedding?
- Is the florist experienced in floral design for weddings?
- Does the shop have proper cooling devices?
- Does the florist have references you can call?
- Do they have pictures from previous weddings?
- Have they worked at the reception or ceremony site in the past?
- What time will the flowers be delivered to the ceremony and reception site(s)?
- Do they charge a delivery fee or setup fee?
- Does the florist guarantee availability and freshness?
- If your first choice is not available, will they be able to substitute with something similar and is their any additional costs to this?
- Can the florist provide any additional decorations such as; chuppahs, garlands, symbolic blossoms and wreaths?
Here are some additional tips of what should always be included on the contract:
- Costs, dates, places, times and the services the florist will perform.
- A detailed description of every bouquet, arrangement, shapes and sizes, number and types of flowers and any fillers being used.
- A clearly defined delivery and payment schedule.
- Last but not least; the cancellation policy.
I hope this information was useful and would love to hear if anyone had some additional useful tips.